Friday, September 10, 2010

11 weeks pregnant

Today marks the 11th week of my pregnancy.  So far everything is going very smoothly.  The only symptoms I've been feeling are extreme tiredness, the odd bout of dizzyness, soaring body temperatures at the gym, and restless nights.  But no spotting and sore breasts (unlike last time), and no nausea/vomiting.

I have my first ob appointment today and I'm very hopeful they'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler.  But last time they couldn't hear it this early, so I will try not to be too disappointed if they can't find it.

We're heading to Buffalo today to shop.  I'm in desperate need of maternity clothes and plan to check out Destination Maternity, the Walden Galleria and TargetTarget has a big baby sale on this week so maybe I'll even pick up a few things for the bump!

11 weeks already....it feels like we just found out I was pregnant.  Time really does fly when you're expecting!  According to The Bump, here's what baby looks like this week, and here's what I can expect:
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

By now, you're surely familiar with the prenatal symphony of burps, flatulence, and rumbling tummy. Small, frequent meals should help with the discomfort. And make sure to eat and drink slowly to prevent swallowing extra air. You'll later use this technique when feeding baby! Prenatal yoga can also help settle down your belly and -- side benefit -- soothe those mood swings.

The above description is pretty accurate.  The non-sexy parts of pregnancy have certainly set in!  I tried to keep carbonated drinks to a minimum because they do a number on my tummy.  And I have to be careful when I eat....I go from starving to overstuffed very quickly, so I try to eat a little, then wait before going back for more.  I love going to the gym, and will continue to while I can, because it stretches me out and relaxes me.  Only problem is that my belly is starting to get in the way!

My appointment is in just over an hour, better go shower and get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment