Friday, September 17, 2010

12 weeks pregnant

Today I'm officially 12 weeks pregnant and nearly done my first trimester.  I'm relieved to hit this milestone without any major incidents, and am really hoping I'll breeze through the 20 week ultrasound mark.

I've been feeling good, VERY tired this week.  Some days I can feel my eyes drooping as I stare at my computer monitor!  But it's better than barfing so I'll put up with it!  I'm still going to the gym but my belly is starting to get in the way.  The good news is, the dizzy spells and soaring body temperatures during class seem to be tapering off.  So I'm much more motivated to work out and stay in shape.

Speaking of sleep, I bought a Snoogle on Wednesday (it was on sale at BabiesRUs).  It came highly recommended from friends who have babies.  I have to say, it's huge!


I tried it out on Thursday night in the first position pictured above.  It felt fantastic but I couldn't find a way to use it with my pillow, without reversing the curled up part and putting it between my legs.  I fell asleep fast but woke up in the middle of the night unable to move.  The Snoogle was caught in the sheets and I could roll, and could barely shift my body.  I felt like a sausage trapped in a bun!  After wrestling with it, I tossed it on the floor and went back to my small pillow.  I think it's a great product, I just need to be a bit bigger to actually benefit from it.

Speaking of size, here's where baby is at this week:



As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.

First trimester: Check! The nausea, fatigue, mood swings, and bathroom dashes should soon fade, but (sorry!) headaches and dizziness will probably get more intense. The good news: You're about to embark on the second trimester, when mood and energy levels generally peak.

I'd say these symptoms are pretty accurate (although hubby doesn't believe my mood swings are pregnancy related - smart ass!), although I'm really not looking forward to more headaches.  I suffered a lot last time, and thankfully the pharmacist said I was safe to take Tylenol - so I have a large bottle of extra strength rapid release caplets for my desperate moments.

This afternoon I'm heading to a Johnson & Johnson warehouse sale with the hope of finding some good deals on baby products (and maybe some for myself too!).  Fingers crossed for some good finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment