Friday, September 24, 2010

13 weeks - hooray for second trimester!

I'm officially through my first trimester and slowly feeling less lethargic - thank goodness!  Working through an eternal fog has been difficult, and pretty frustrating too!  I can't even get through an evening TV show with B without dozing off.  He's been fantastic though, despite my eternal sleepiness and mood swings and is getting more excited as my belly grows.

So here's week 13 at a glance (according to The Bump):




Baby's now the size of a peach! Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

Welcome to the blissful second trimester, widely recognized as pregnancy's most comfortable and enjoyable. (Yes, it's a relative distinction.) Don't panic if you start noticing some lovely vaginal discharge. It's called leucorrhea and is totally normal. Though it might mess up your panties, it's essential in protecting your birth canal from infection.


I'm totally convinced that the movement I'm feeling is the baby. I CAN'T WAIT until I can share the experience with B! Until then, it's just the bump and me :)

1 comment:

  1. congrats! I remember how tired I was in the first tri too - the 2nd tri is typically the best in terms of how you feel because that second wind comes in and you're all glowy and bump is still growing cute :) If you haven't already, try picking up prenatal yoga or swimming - highly recommend b/c as your baby grows - it gets tougher to adjust to the back being pushed out - both of those activities really helped me through it - esp towards the end of 2nd tri

    ReplyDelete