Saturday, September 11, 2010

A successful shopping trip

We went to our first doctor's appointment yesterday at the Milton Centre for Women's Health.  It's a fantastic clinic, mostly because four of the five doctors that deliver in Milton are based at this clinic.  You rotate amongst the doctors so by the end you've met everyone, so no strangers in the delivery room!  Everything went smoothly, and I've only gained 3 pounds (since my post Olivia weight).  She wasn't able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, so I'm going back in 2 weeks for another check.  I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed, although I knew the chances were slim.

After the appointment, we headed off to Buffalo for the day.  Destination Maternity was a great success!  I LOVE the Pea in a Pod line!  It's a bit pricey, but the styles are nice and the quality is much better than Motherhood.  I bought a dress, a sweater, a long sleeved top and three short sleeved tops.  Here's the dress I bought, isn't it super cute?


I also bought a new pair of flats at Ecco (the styles are quite different in the US).  Last time I was pregnant, I LIVED in flats, my poor feet and legs just couldn't handle heels!  Here's what I got:

I never made it to the Target Baby Sale, by that point it was 9pm and we'd been shopping for what felt like eternity!  We barely made it across the border with our purchases: B was reluctant to declare so we claimed we hadn't bought anything, only to subsequently get pulled over and searched.  Thankfully we had discarded all tags, bags and receipts and packed our goods in our overnight backs.  I feel like such a smuggler!.

After a not so restful night (kept waking up, and then woke up STARVING) and a tasty breakfast at iHop, we're about to head out to the Niagara outlets before touring some wineries with friends in Niagara On The Lake for the day (torture, I know!).  I've been nominated to be the official "smeller"....we'll see how that goes!  I may have to give in and have a taste at my favourite winery....Vineland Estates!

2 comments:

  1. I have trusted eccos for a long time but these were just straight up awful. The shoe is much more pointed toe than the picture shows. The toe box is so short it was impossible to keep the shoes on even though they were also a very small fit. Generally a size 42 fits me perfectly, but these had to go back because there was simply no way I could wear them.



    Syri@SL Aluminium

    ReplyDelete