Thursday, October 7, 2010

Never a dull moment

So...just when we think everything is smooth sailing, I get a call from my OB this morning.  She was calling to give us the "official" ultrasound results from last Friday.  The baby looks fine....BUT I have placenta previa.

If you don't know what that means, in simplest terms, the placenta is covering the cervix so the baby can't come out naturally.  She said it was the cause of my spotting last week.  Since I'm only 15 weeks, they're going to monitor me with the hope that as my uterus and placenta grow, it will grow upward and pull away from its current position.  If it doesn't, I'll have to have a c-section (ugh). 

So for now, I'm banned from all exercise, heavy lifting, and intercourse (happy anniversary B!) until my next appointment in a few weeks.

But I'm trying to look on the bright side, the baby is healthy and everything is fine otherwise.  This is just one more obstacle for us to cross in our journey.  I just wish for once something in my life would be normal and boring!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog.
    I had a "low-lying" placenta with E, and it corrected itself later in the pregnancy. I hope that yours does the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have my fingers crossed! I have another ultrasound tomorrow, and then one at 19 weeks to keep an eye on things. Hopefully luck will be on our side!

    ReplyDelete