Tuesday, November 9, 2010

20 weeks: the halfway point!

I'm officially 20 weeks along today.  It's hard to believe that time has passed so quickly.  It's even harder to believe that it's been 8 months since we lost Olivia.  What a year!

I had my last (hopefully) ultrasound on Friday.  B was finally able to come in and thankfully we had a very nice (and super chatty) ultrasound technician.  She showed us the entire baby and explained that the head, heart, hands, feet and even the little bum were completely normal.  She was also able to show us the face and explained that the mouth and lips were properly formed and there was no cleft palate.  She also told us that my placenta has pulled away from my cervix and there's no risk of bedrest or full previa - whoo hoo!

Watching the baby on the screen was pretty surreal, especially when it looked at the camera.  Baby also kept waving at us, which was totally adorable.  B was surprised and thrilled by our little bundle.  She sent us home with a few ultrasound pictures, both with the baby's hand waving.  I haven't had a chance to scan it yet but I will post it this weekend!

So now it's downhill (medically) from here.  Now we need to focus on getting ready for this baby!  I need to take B to Babies R Us in the next few weeks to register and we need to begin crib hunting.  I've already begun to pick up baby clothes, and my mom and I added quite a bit to the collection this weekend.

My job was posted this week and we're hoping to interview candidates in December for a January start.

It's all becoming very real now!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching 20 weeks! It must be such a relief to have had your ultrasound and to know that everything is perfect and normal. Hopefully now you'll be able to breathe a little sigh of relief and really enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete