Monday, November 1, 2010

A short escape

Last Wednesday B and I headed to Orlando for a few days (work for him, play for me).  I was in DESPERATE need of a few days off and it was JUST what I needed!

We arrived on Wednesday at noon and spent the afternoon by the pool before a lovely dinner together.  Since we were up at 3am to catch our 6am flight, we had an early night!

I spent half of Thursday at the pool and the other half shopping at one of the nearby outlet malls.  Check out some of the ADORABLE outfits I got:


Friday was Disney day.  I haven't been there since I was 6 (27 years ago) so it's changed a lot from what I remember.  It was blazing hot but I was dressed in comfy clothes and shoes and was ready for the weather.  I spent the day touring the Magic Kingdom and channelled my inner child.  I even waited in line to get photos with a few characters, including Pluto, Woody (from Toy Story) and in front of the Cinderella castle.  As you can see, my baby bump is growing fast!


I also snuck in some shopping and found the CUTEST baby outfits:


After a full day on Friday, I took it easy on Saturday.  I spent half the day by the pool and the other half...wait for it....shopping! :)  I found a nearby Super Target (who knew they existed?) and a mall beside it with a few good shops.  Macy's has a great selection of baby clothes and decent prices.  I also found a Pea In The Pod store...wow was it expensive!  The only nice thing was the food table they had set up for mommies:  it had pasta, drinks and cupcakes, especially for hungry mommy shoppers.  Now why don't more maternity stores treat their moms like that?

We spent all day yesterday by the pool as it was B's only day off.  The bump got some nice colour and much needed R&R after a very full few days.

I'm back to work tomorrow and feeling MUCH more invigorated for the home stretch of the year.  We're posting my job this week to find a contract replacement....eeek!  It's becoming real.....fast!

AND....as I'm typing this, I just felt my first baby kick from outside.  I've been feeling flutters since I was 14 weeks (I'm 19 weeks tomorrow) but the baby literally just kicked my arm.  SO COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment