Thursday, February 10, 2011

6.5 weeks to go

I had an appointment with my OB this morning and she told me that Baby's position is good (head down), heartbeat is strong, and Baby is measuring about three weeks ahead.  To top it off, I haven't gained ANY weight in the last 2 weeks (I'm holding strong at +13 pounds....crazy!).

Last night we started our prenatal classes.  There's four couples and the classes happen at a woman's home locally.  It's a nice, casual environment, and she's really good about making everyone comfortable with the content (especially the husbands!).  It was funny to see the look on people's faces when they saw the labour video.  While I'm worried about it going smoothly, because we've already "been there", it hasn't really been top of mind.  I know it's going to hurt a lot, I know I will be getting an epidural when the pain gets to be too much, and I know what to expect during the delivery.  In some ways it's nice, because I'm not anxious about the hospital experience.  In other ways it sucks, because our experience wasn't exactly positive, so I really think I'm expecting the worst.

As of Monday, I have 4 weeks left of work and 6 weeks (or less) until Baby arrives.  It's all still pretty surreal.  I can't believe a year ago we found out that Olivia wasn't going to survive and we had to make the most difficult decision of our lives.  The last twelve months have been mentally exhausting, but at the same time it brought hubby and I closer than we've ever been.

I'm sure the next 6 weeks will fly by.  We've crossed a lot of to-do's off our list in the last two weeks, and I'm feeling much better about where we're at.  Fingers crossed the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that everything with this baby seems to be going well. It is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete