Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby's room: slowly coming together!

Ever since our scare a few weeks ago, I've been determined to get the baby's room together and buy all the necessities.  We spent most of Saturday working on the nursery and it's looking really good!  Here's a few pics of our work-in-progress Baby pad:




The bedding is the Fisher Price Zen collection.  I bought it when I was pregnant with Olivia from Sears.  Since then it's been discontinued (thank goodness I bought the curtains and mobile early!).

I spent a few hours on Sunday building the dragonfly "mural".  It's a combination of a rub-on I bought from Six Under a Tree Designs and some silver Umbra wallflutter art I found.  I think it turned out pretty good!


I'm really pleased with how it's turning out.  The green wall colour is a bit off in some of these pictures.  The first picture is the best example of the wall colour. And the furniture is chocolate brown, not black (despite what the pictures look like!).  Next time I'll take pictures when there's better light in the room (and with my BIG Canon camera instead of my small powershot).

Now we just need to finish putting the changing supplies and pad on the dresser, and add some final finishing touches.  I'll post more pics when it's done!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving the nursery! The dragonfly wall is FABULOUS!!! Everyone seems to do tiny little picture frames on the walls and I love that you took small dragonflies and made something BIG with it!!!

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very very cute! So much fun to get everything ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I especially love the dragonflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is beautiful! I love the dragonflies too!

    ReplyDelete