Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is dedicated to the one I love

Monday was Valentine's Day, and while most people complained about it being a "greeting card company holiday", I took advantage of the opportunity to tell hubby how much I love him.

We met in December 1999, and connected on New Year's Eve.  We've been together ever since then - 11 years!  We were married in October 2006 and this year will mark our 5 year anniversary.

Like any couple, we've had our ups and downs.  And the past year has been the biggest roller coaster of our relationship.  But the saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is very true.  Despite the sadness and heartache we faced with losing Olivia, our relationship has never been stronger.  This whole experience brought us closer in a way I never expected.  I saw a side of him that I never had before, and he's truly been my rock in the midst of seemingly endless chaos and hurt.  He gave me hope that things would turn around, and he was there to listen and hug me while I cried, when all I needed was him by my side.

Baby is due in less than 6 weeks and I already know he's going to make an amazing father.  He touches my belly regularly, and is always in awe of the force of Baby's kicks, rolls and punches.  He talks to my belly and kisses it every morning before we leave the house.  I can't wait for the moment when he'll finally be able to hold the baby in his arms.  He's fantastic with kids, especially our nephews, and I know he'll be a wonderful dad.

I am very grateful to have him in my life, and truly feel like the luckiest woman in the world.  I'm not saying he's perfect (none of us are) but he loves me and he loves this baby, and I couldn't ask for anything more.  I love you baby!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post about your hubby! 6 weeks, wow...so exciting! I am so happy for you! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete