Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A nice surprise

I feel like I've neglected my blog lately, but I've been totally consumed by last-minute baby details and training my maternity leave replacement.  She started a week ago and I think she'll be great!  I have two more weeks to unload seven years of knowledge onto her.  Hopefully she'll retain at least some of it (and not run from our offices screaming before I go!).

I had a meeting with my boss today and when we went into the boardroom, it turned out it was a surprise baby shower.  What a great way to start a day!  They were VERY generous and we received a number of items from our Babies R Us registry (Baby Einstein Crib Soother and Play Mat, a few toys and feeding accessories, a bathing gift set, car accessories, a tummy time mat and a number of gift cards).  We're so spoiled!  It was my first shower and we had a lot of fun.

I'm 36 weeks today, and have 9 days left at work....holy cow!  I can't believe how fast time has flown.  I'm really hoping baby takes it easy on me and doesn't arrive TOO early.  I could really use a few days to decompress and get pampered once I'm done work.  Everyone keeps telling me to sleep, and all I can really do well these days is nap.  I woke up at 2am to pee and baby decided to have a party in my belly, so we went downstairs to watch TV until 3am when baby settled down.  I think my body is starting to get used to less and less sleep.  I know, I know, it's good training!

2 comments:

  1. How nice that you received a surprise baby shower!! That was very thoughtful and it sound like you racked up!

    That is awesome that you only have 9 days left at work! I hope that you can get some much needed rest and relaxation before little one makes an entrance!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise baby showers are fun! Yay!

    Try not to worry too much about all the people saying you won't be getting any sleep soon. Somehow people actually get over that and want to have more babies eventually. The bad memories fade and the good memories take over. :)

    ReplyDelete