Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting impatiently

I am 39 weeks and three days pregnant.  I've been on maternity leave for nine days, which is starting to feel like an eternity.  While I've been off, I've tried to stay busy and get all the "little things" done around the house.  I finished the nursery, created tags for the bins in the baby's closet, set up and tested the baby monitor, brought in cleaners to wash the floors and clean the bathrooms, went grocery shopping (several times) and stocked the fridge and freezer, and finished a huge scrapbooking project I've been working on for three years.

Now that everything is "ready", I'm starting to get impatient.  While I love being able to move around at my own pace and tackle the projects that I've been pulled away from for months, I can only take so much down time!!

At my doctor's appointment on Monday, my OB did a procedure called the "Stretch and Sweep" which she felt would get labour going.  Obviously it didn't work, because it's three days later and baby is still happily cuddled up in my belly.

I've been getting pretty uncomfortable this week, the baby is dropping and putting a lot of pressure on my hips and pelvis.  As for sleeping, I have a few power naps during the day, but sleeping at night is becoming impossible.  Between my snoring (which hubby says sounds like a plane landing) and my inability to roll over gracefully (picture a beached whale flopping around from side to side) and the frequent washroom trips, there isn't a lot of sound sleep happening right now.

I'm very excited and anxious to meet this little one.  40 weeks is a very long time to wait, and after being pregnant for nearly 20 months straight (with a three month break), I am VERY ready to have my body back again. 

Any day now....I hope!  Come on baby, prove my mom wrong (she said I would have a baby that's just as stubborn as me....uh oh!).

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you alot and wondered what was happening. I hope your little one decides to come soon. I can't wait to hear all about your baby, the birth story and to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete