Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cracking the newborn sleeping puzzle

Over the past week, Noah has been giving us a 4-5 hour stretch each night.  I've noticed that he's finishing more of his bottles during the day, which is probably helping to keep him full so he can sleep longer.  Unfortunately the last two nights he woke up at 1:30 (he broke out of his swaddle) and 2:30 (he dropped his soother) respectively, but then went till about 3:30am.  It's certainly nice to get the longer stretch, the ONLY downside is he's now waking up a lot earlier.  This morning he woke at 6:25am (despite drinking 6oz, 2 more than his usual feed) at 3:30.  We put his soother in and he slept another 20 minutes.  I suspect it was because he was wet and not tired anymore because he refused his bottle until nearly 8am. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's sleeping longer, I just wish there was a 7 on the clock when he decides to start his day.  They're very long days when he gets up that early and hubby doesn't get home from work till 12 hours later!

I know eventually we'll get all of this sorted out, so for now I will remind myself of those nights where I was lucky to get an hour sleep between each feed...which was pure torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment