Friday, August 19, 2011

Drifting thoughts

Yesterday I was holding Noah as he was falling asleep and he was staring up at me from his big blue eyes and cooing at me.  At that moment I began to wonder what Olivia's eyes would have looked like.  Would her face have looked like his?  Tears began to flow and he continued to stare quizzically at me, like he was trying to understand what was wrong.

I will never know the answers to those questions, and that makes my heart ache.  But at the same time, we are blessed with a beautiful child who brightens each and every day and warms our hearts.  We will never forget our little girl, but we also can't live in the past.  Life must go on, and we need to celebrate life rather than wallow in death.

Robert Munsch wrote "Love You Forever" as a song after his wife delivered two stillborn babies.  You can read his post about it here:  http://robertmunsch.com/love-you-forever/.

I can't think of any better words to sum up how we feel about our angel and rainbow babies:

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

Today, August 19, is a day of hope.  A day of "honouring and remembering the lives of babies and children that could not stay with us. By doing this we are speaking out about the death of babies whether it is through pregnancy, infant or even child loss."  For me, this is every day.  But it's nice to have special days where angel baby parents can come together and gain strength from each other's sorrows.

Click here for more information and resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment