Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moving so fast!

Noah is six months this Sunday.  I can't believe how fast (and at times, how slowly) the last six months have gone by.  His baptism is Sunday afternoon and we're hosting about 30 family members at our house afterward.  Everyone is excited to see our little man.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind.  He's absolutely loving his solids, including rice cereal, peas (took some time to warm up to them), sweet potato, butternut squash, pears, bananas and apples.  He's drinking a little bit less, so we give him his bottle first and top up with solids about half an hour later.

Last week, after many months of drooling, red cheeks and diaper rash, two teeth finally poked through.  We were convinced it was his eye teeth bugging him, but lo and behold it's his bottom middle teeth.  They're taking forever to come in, but he seems to be in better spirits now.  I can't wait for them to be all the way in, he looks SO cute!

He's moving around a lot now.  He can roll easily from side to side but still gets stuck on his tummy.  His latest move is what I call the "baby plank" - he lifts his head/torso and points his toes in the air like he's trying to do a situp.  It's hilarious to watch.  I'm sure it's strengthening his core, which he needs because he still topples over when I sit him up.

Sleep patterns are still erratic.  We haven't tried sleep training again (yet) because I know in many instances his teeth are the reason for his wakeups.  But I also know that he's hopelessly addicted to his soother because as soon as we pop it back in, he falls asleep again.  We've been double swaddling him (a la uber swaddle), which means he can't put his soother back in himself (which he's gotten quite adept at during the day).  So yesterday I decided to try him in a sleep sack - arms out - for his naps.  It was a success!  We attempted it at bedtime, but hubby was making a huge racket in the garage underneath him as he went down, so we started on the wrong foot.  It takes him a little longer to settle in the sleep sack, but boy does he look cute once he's out!  He's napping now and I have five soothers in his crib, so if it falls out, he can easily find a replacement.  We will keep trying at nighttime, because I feel bad that he has to be "tied up".  It also makes it difficult when other people put him to bed and they don't know the "technique".

Our little man is growing and changing so fast.  We've really seen his personality come out over the last month.  He's very fiery at times, but he laughs and smiles a lot, and boy does he love his mommy (his face lights up when he sees me).  I know it may cause problems if he's too attached, but right now I don't care.  I love the look of excitement on his face when I go up to "rescue" him from his crib!

Speaking of which....I think he's waking up!!

Sleep sack nap....success! Now to get him to do it at nite! #... on Twitpic

No comments:

Post a Comment